Porcelain Veneers – Denver, CO
Covering the Cracks in Your Smile
There are plenty of ways a cosmetic dentist can help you improve your teeth, but if there are several alterations you want to make, the range of choices might seem overwhelming. But thanks to porcelain veneers, Dr. Glamm and Dr. Walker can give multiple teeth a makeover at once! If you’ve been dreaming of a flawless smile but don’t know where to start, call Pearl Dentistry to ask for a consultation.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a thin, tooth-colored shell. Older veneers were made out of composite resin, but nowadays porcelain is used instead since it’s more durable and resists stains better. When attached to the front of your teeth, veneers can cover all kinds of imperfections, including:
- Minor but noticeable chips and cracks
- Irregularly shaped or disproportionately small teeth
- Discoloration and stains that normal teeth whitening can’t get rid of
- Small gaps between the teeth
- Crooked teeth
Veneers are the perfect cosmetic restoration when it comes to making multiple changes to your teeth at once. No more feeling embarrassed when you see a photo of yourself!
Process for Getting Veneers
First, you’ll need to consult with us to figure out what your goals for your smile are so that we can commit to a plan. If you decide to move forward with veneers, we’ll prepare your teeth by removing a bit of enamel; that way the veneers won’t look bulky once they’re attached. The next step is to make a model of your teeth as they are now and send it to a lab so that your veneers can be custom-made. You might get temporary veneers in the meantime. After a couple of weeks, you can come back to our office so that we can place your permanent veneers.
Benefits of Veneers
Maintaining Your Veneers
Taking care of your porcelain veneers is easy; you can protect them with the same habits that keep your natural teeth healthy and beautiful. To get the most out of your new smile:
- Keep brushing and flossing on a regular basis. (Veneers can’t get cavities, but they can still collect harmful plaque and tartar.)
- Do not chew on pen tips or other hard items.
- Never open packages with your teeth.
- If you play sports, make sure your teeth are well-protected with a customized mouthguard.
- Visit Pearl Dentistry twice a year for a checkup so that we can make sure your veneers are still in good shape.