Tooth-Colored Fillings in Denver, CO
When a tooth is damaged by decay, it needs some assistance to regain its full strength. That’s where a filling comes in. In the past, patients may have received amalgam fillings that had a noticeable, metallic appearance when placed, but thankfully, that method is a thing of the past here at Pearl Dentistry in Denver, CO. Instead, Dr. Jayme Glamm and Dr. Stefanie Walker are happy to offer composite fillings that are durable, conservative, and positively beautiful in their seamless appearance.
The benefits of tooth-colored fillings over more traditional materials include:
- As already stated, the composite resin used for tooth-colored fillings precisely matches both the shade and texture of your natural teeth, resulting in a virtually unnoticeable appearance.
- While metal fillings must cover a certain area of the tooth and typically require some removal of the original structure, tooth-colored fillings are much more conservative in their placement, and they have the added advantage of bonding directly to the tooth, which strengthens it.
- Tooth-colored fillings tend to be more resistant to regular wear and tear over time when compared to amalgam fillings.
- There’s less sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures to worry about, resulting in more overall comfort for the patient.
- Additions can be easily made at a later date, if necessary.
Patients can also choose to have their older, silver-colored fillings replaced with composite fillings for the aesthetic-minded look they’ve been sorely missing. Please contact Pearl Dentistry today if you have any questions for our team members, or if you’re ready to schedule your first appointment at our dental office in the Lower Highlands neighborhood of Denver.